Georgie Qiao Jin
Hi! I am a final-year Computer Science PhD student from Grouplens Research Center at the University of Minnesota. I am luckily advised by Prof. Lana Yarosh. Meanwhile, I have close collaboration with Prof. Feng Qian at USC and Prof. Bo Han at GMU. My research focuses on using AR/VR/MR to support remote education, collaboration and social connection.
- Jul, 2023: Talk at UMN CSE REU “Towards an Immersive and Social Learning Experience: Building the Future of Educational AR/VR” (Thanks for the host @Evan Suma Resenberg)
- Jun, 2023: Served as a student volunteer for #IDC2023, Chicago.
- Jun, 2023: Presented two WIP papers at #IDC2023, Chicago.
- May, 2023: Honored to be awarded Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship (DDF)! [UMN News]
- May, 2023: Talk at CMU Learn Lab “Towards an Immersive and Social Learning Experience: Building the Future of Educational AR/VR” (Thanks for the host @Kexin Bella Yang)
- April, 2023: Our paper “Socio-technical Opportunities in Long-Distance Communication Between Siblings with a Large Age Difference” received Honorable Mention Award at CHI 2023! Thanks to my advisor @Lana Yarosh and collaborator @Irene Ye Yuan!
- April, 2023: Presented two papers at #CHI2023, Hamburg, Germany