Georgie Qiao Jin
Hi! I am a final-year Computer Science PhD student from Grouplens Research Center at the University of Minnesota. I am luckily advised by Prof. Lana Yarosh. Meanwhile, I have close collaboration with Prof. Feng Qian at USC and Prof. Bo Han at GMU. My research focuses on using XR + AI to support remote learning, collaboration and social connection.
- Nov, 2023: Talk at the CS Colloquium – Rising Stars in HCI, University of Iowa about my Social AR/VR research on Nov. 18. See you in Iowa!
- Oct, 2023: Talk at TxHCI Seminar about my Social AR/VR research (Thanks for the host @Jeeeun Kim). Check here for more information.
- Oct, 2023: Excited to host the Special Interest Group (SIG) with my advisor @Lana on “Ethics of Emerging Communication and Collaboration Technologies for Children” at #CSCW2023, Minneapolis!
- Jul, 2023: Talk at UMN CSE REU “Towards an Immersive and Social Learning Experience: Building the Future of Educational AR/VR” (Thanks for the host @Evan Suma Resenberg)
- Jun, 2023: Served as a student volunteer for #IDC2023, Chicago.
- Jun, 2023: Presented two WIP papers at #IDC2023, Chicago.
- May, 2023: Honored to be awarded Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship (DDF)! [UMN News]
- May, 2023: Talk at CMU Learn Lab “Towards an Immersive and Social Learning Experience: Building the Future of Educational AR/VR” (Thanks for the host @Kexin Bella Yang)
- April, 2023: Our paper “Socio-technical Opportunities in Long-Distance Communication Between Siblings with a Large Age Difference” received Honorable Mention Award at CHI 2023! Thanks to my advisor @Lana Yarosh and collaborator @Irene Ye Yuan!
- April, 2023: Presented two papers at #CHI2023, Hamburg, Germany